Wednesday, December 27, 2006

14 DAYS OF RECOVERY


It's day 14 today. Starting to feel better. That's Good. The worst day was day 4. It wasn't the hip. It felt sore. That was expected.


It was the rest of me, reacting to various drugs and hospital therapy. Specifically, I was extremely nasuated. Sought help from my "GP", who made a home vist. That's pretty special stuff. The diagnosis was mild sinus infection, swollen glands. plus a digestive system reaction to medications.

The solution, part his, part mine. I took enzymes and acidophlius for the digestive system. Backed off the pain killers. Reduced the dosage in half. Drank a 'gallon' of fluids, daily, water, plus pop, and juice with sugar, in it. Don't usually drink much of the latter, however all of the above worked. It took a couple of days though.

Is is crtical to have your GP, availabe to you, post operation. Don't botther calling the Hip and Knee Clinic, on medical issues. Deal directly with your GP.

Do all that you can to feel well. For me the objective is to shortern the incapacity stage, as much as possible.
Feeling well is best way I know to do that.

Rehab session 24 hours after surgery

No comments: